This was in the mailbag this morning (thanks, Sid!). I am a geek, I love auctions, and I fight in the political realm. This billboard hits two out of three!
After last week’s announcement regarding politics, some of my friends, family, and colleagues asked whether I am running for office and if so, which office I am running for. Just to clarify things, I am not currently running for any office. For now, my goal is to simply be active and involved again after taking some time off to focus on family, business, and tasks I had postponed for my 2010 campaign.
My plan is to help promote liberty and freedom whenever and wherever I can. When future opportunities to run for office present themselves, I will evaluate them as they come up.
I am humbled by the outpouring of support and encouragement. Thank you!
On Saturday, July 7th, 2012, the SW Virginia Tea Party held their Independence Day celebration in Abingdon. I discussed putting my comments online for Mr. Trivett to read, so here they are!
Ladies and Gentlemen,
My name is Stuart Bain, and I hail from Salem, Virginia. My family and I were just recently redistricted into the 9th Congressional District, so I appreciate the warm welcome and look forward to learning the lay of the land.
“All politics is local.” — Tip O’Neill
Liberty lovers, it is time to take action. It is time to turn the tide of politics in the Roanoke Valley. Do you meet these criteria?
- You are a resident of Roanoke City, Virginia AND
- You are registered to vote AND
- You believe…
- That the free enterprise system is the most productive supplier of human needs and economic justice
- That all individuals are entitled to equal rights, justice, and opportunities and should assume their responsibilities as citizens in a free society
- That fiscal responsibility and budgetary restraints must be exercised at all levels of government
- That the Federal Government must preserve individual liberty by observing constitutional limitations
- That peace is best preserved through a strong national defense
- That faith in God, as recognized by our Founding Fathers, is essential to the moral fiber of the Nation
If so, we need your help. It is time to turn off the TV and get involved. America’s Got Talent can wait. Mr. John Brill is the Chairman of the Roanoke City Republican Committee, and he needs as many liberty-minded voters as possible to join the Committee. The Committee is holding a mass meeting on July 18th. If you are ready to take up the cause of liberty, I urge you to contact Mr. Brill before 5:00PM EDT on July 9th and inform him of your intention to join the Committee. Help him bring more liberty-minded candidates to office.
- Read this mass meeting call.
- Click here to email John Brill your name, address, phone number, and intention to join the Committee.
- Attend the July 18th meeting if you can!
Take action now and get involved! Thank you for your willingness to support the cause.
— Stuart Bain
Over the course of the past year and a half since the November 2010 election, I was somewhat absent from the political landscape. My absence was mostly due to personal obligations involving family, work, and other commitments. During this period, I maintained as watchful an eye as I could on the overall direction and climate of the political landscape. I attempted to keep up with current events in local, state, and national politics; but my time and availability limited my ability to be involved and engaged in related activities. I watched as many battles for liberty were fought at local, state, and federal levels. Some were won, and some were lost. Celebrate our victories, and learn from our losses; but do it quickly for there are more battles to be fought in this struggle. Our fight is no longer “like” war. It is war, albeit one fought with words and ballots instead of lethal weapons.
After prayerful consideration and discussion with my wife and family, we decided it is time to once again take up the cause. To that end, we will rejoin the fight alongside opponents of tyranny to defeat those who stand in stark opposition to freedom, liberty, and The Constitution. Marines are trained to run towards the battle, so count me in.
— Stuart Bain